The SITA Pro Line T15 is an all-round bubble pressure tensiometer for analysing surfactants and measuring dynamic surface tension. The instrument has a comprehensive bubble lifetime range from 15 ms to 20,000 ms for measuring dynamic surface tension and will automatically adjust the chosen bubble exactly without readjustment by the operator.
Using patented, cutting edge technology, the instrument is developed from the maximum bubble pressure technique to provide fast and reliable dynamic surface tension, hydrostatic pressure, effective adsorption time, bubble lifetime and dead time measurements, making it the instrument of choice when studying, controlling and developing a wide range of processes e.g. surfactants, ink jet printing, coating technologies, foam and emulsions, detergents, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food technologies, environmental monitoring etc.
The measuring data can be stored in the tensiometer, transferred to a computer or printed and the SITA-Lab Solution Software also offers visual presentation, evaluation and further processing of measuring data.
Auto-Mode: Automatic scan over dynamic range of 15ms to 20s
- Surfactant kinetics
- Wetting behaviour
- Comparative analysis
Single-Mode: Easy measurement for fast quality control
- Galvanic bath
- Semiconductor production
- Inks & paints
Online-Mode: Analysis of time-dependent effects
- Sample stability
- Dissolving behaviour
- Temperature effects
Paired with the intuitive SITA Lab-Solution software the Pro Line T15 bubble tensiometer additionally offers users
- Comfortable report function for creating measurement protocols and reports
- User-defined sequences for recurrent measuring and controlling tasks (templates)
- Automated laboratory measurement and active ingredient analysis
- Controlling accessories for sample preparation and conditioning
- Determination of concentration curves.
Measurements are taken of the air pressure inside a capillary tube as air is bubbled through it whilst it is immersed in a liquid sample. As the pressure increases in the capillary tube bubbles are eventually pushed out into the liquid sample, the maximum pressure is achieved when the bubble shape is hemispherical, after which the bubble quickly grows and leaves the capillary. The force exerted on the bubble is determined by the surface tension of the liquid. More detailed investigation of liquid properties can be achieved by monitors bubble lifetime and dead time.
The Bubble Tensiometer Pro Line T15 measures:
- Auto-Mode For analysing the dynamic behaviour of the surface tension of surfactant containing liquids. Wetting characteristics of surface active liquids can also be analysed and the optimal bubble lifetime for the concentration control can be easily determined by the operator.
- Single-Mode Gives the user a quick measurement of a single surface tension value at a pre-determined bubble lifetime for a reliable control of the surfactant concentration of process liquids.
- Online-Mode Used for a continuous monitoring of process liquids and for determining the temperature dependency of the surface tension of liquids.
Packing List: Pro Line T15 Bubble Tensiometer; carrying case, capillary PEEK (2 pieces) power supply, USB-cable, stand and instrument fastener, sample vessel (2 pieces), operating instructions & calibration certificate.
|Measuring range (mN/m)||10…100|
|Resolution (mN/m)||± 0.1|
|Controlled range||15ms – 20,000ms|
|Mains adapter||100-240V; 47-63Hz|
|Battery (Lion, integrated)||3.6V/2000 mAh|
|Max. power consumption||2W max.|
|Interface, Storage, Dimensions, Weight|
|USB-Interface||data transfer, power supply & charging of battery|
|Display||124 x 168 pixel, illuminated|
|Storage||3 memory areas for Single, Auto & Online measurements|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||75 x 168 x 35mm|
|Weight of instrument||270g|
|15-2103||SITA-LabSolution Basic Version Software|
|15-2104||SITA-LabSolution Expert Version Software|
Type I PEEK – easy manual cleaning for paints and varnishes
Type II PEEK – for monitoring process liquids
Type III Glass – for agressive liquids
Disposal capillaries PTFE – for special cases
(Please contact us for further information).