Dyne Testing offers a handheld instrument for electrical conductivity measurement of non-ferromagnetic metals.
The electrical conductivity is an important material property that not only informs about how well a metal conducts electrical current but also provides information about its composition, microstructure or mechanical properties such as hardness, strength, heat damage and material fatigue of metals.
The SIGMASCOPE® measures the electrical conductivity using the eddy current method according to DIN EN 2004-1 and ASTM E 1004. The phase-sensitive measurement signal evaluation enables a contact-free determination of the electrical conductivity, for example, under paint or synthetic coatings of up to 500µm in thickness. This also minimises the influence of surface roughness.
- Menu-driven operator guidance
- 100 application memories for calibrations and 20,000 measurement data in up to 4,000 measurement data blocks
- Individual consideration of the temperature coefficient as applicable to each material for the electrical conductivity
- Measurement capture: automatic, continuous or with external start
- Fast analog display
- 3-stage measurement resolution
- Graphical presentation of the specification limits on the display
- Extensive statistical evaluation of test series with date and time as well as computation of Cp, Cpk and histogram display
- 2 display modes: scientific or statistic
- Current saver function with adjustable measurement time
- Automatic shut-off function
- Manual temperature input
- Probe-integrated or optional external temperature sensor for the temperature compensation of the electrical conductivity measurement
- Easily replaceable NiCd battery for a minimum of 20 hours of operating time
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Mass incl. battery: 600 g / 21 oz
- Dimensions: L x W x H 230 x 95 x (40-55) mm
- Measurement frequencies of 60 kHz, 120 kHz, 240 kHz and 480kHz without changing probe
- Measurement range: 0.5 – 65 MS/m, or 1 – 112 %IACS
- Measurement accuracy at room temperature: ± 0.5 % from MV
- Upto 16 measurements per second.
- Smallest diameter of the measurement area without noticeable influence on the measurement: 13mm
- Lift-off-compensation up to 0.5mm
|65-ES40-603-235||Measurement Probe ES40|
For further information on the product and for additional accessories please refer to the Downloads tab, or for a quotation please contact us.