The MiniTest 700 is a range of universal coating thickness gauges that rank amongst the most accurate, reliable and versatile coating thickness measurement instruments available today.
This range of coating thickness gauge is available in 3 versions depending on your application with built in, external, convertible or wireless probes (sensors). The instrument boasts inbuilt Bluetooth technology, giving the freedom to view measurements on your mobile phone or table, without the need for wi-fi. This allows for fast and easy interpretation of measurement results straight from your inspection site and perfect for when you’re always on the move.
The MiniTest 700 range is ideal for non-destructive coating thickness measurement of:
- Non-magnetic coatings like varnishes, enamels, chromium and zinc on ferromagnetic base materials (e.g. steel)
- Insulating coatings like varnishes and anodising aluminium on non-ferrous metals (e.g. aluminium, austenitic stainless steel, brass)
The instrument is available in 3 versions:
MiniTest 725: With a built-in sensor this instrument is especially suited for quick measurement on car bodies, hulls or steel constructions. Thanks to its ergonomic design for one-handed operation all functions can be easily accessed with one hand only.
MiniTest 735: An external sensor combines high precision and ease of measurement. The cable-connected sensor ensures convenient measurement on objects difficult to access.
MiniTest 745: The top model of the series – convinces through its flexible sensor design. Its built-in sensor can be easily converted into an external sensor allowing the user to take advantage of the features of both sensor designs. Additional comfort and flexibility is provided by the wireless sensor.
SIDSP® Sensors (Probes)
All models of the MiniTest 700 series connect to SIDSP® “Sensor Integrated Digital Signal Processing” sensors, meaning that a special micro processor (DSP) collects, filters and processes measurement values in the sensor head. These sensors provide excellent measurement accuracy and are unsusceptible to interference. Even variations in temperature will not affect measurement and readings remain stable to ensure a very good reproducibility over the complete measuring range.
- Above average precision and repeat accuracy
- Temperature compensation across the entire range
- Wear-protected, polished sensor poles
- High immunity to electromagnetic (EMC) interference
- Internal characteristic curve with up to 50 data points
- Automatic compensation of the conductive value in the case of non-ferrous metals
The large range of sensors accounts for measuring coatings of varying thickness and boasts the world’s smallest measurement probe with a tip size of 2.5mm, perfect for the easy measurement of small parts, thin metal bars and grooves.
Call us now for assistance on choosing the best gauge for your specific application on telephone 01543 411460, or contact us via email.
- Large memory capacity for up to 100,000 readings.
- Easy menu guided operation.
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data transfer to a Smart phone, Tablet-PC or PC.
- Increased precision through various calibration modes.
- Perfect compensation of temperature variations over the complete measuring range.
- Utmost accuracy and reproducibility through SIDSP® technology.
- Wide choice of sensors (probes) depending on your application.
- Monitoring of limits, user-adjustable Offset and corrections value for rough substrate materials.
- Continuous measuring mode.
- Free software update downloads for sensor and gauge via the internet.
- internal probe
- saves up to 10,000 measurement values in 10 groups
- external, interchangeable probes connected via cable
- saves up to 10,000 measurement values in 10 groups
- interchangeable probes
- the probes can be connected internally as well as externally by cable and also without cable via Bluetooth
- saves up to 100,000 measurement values in 100 groups
Scope of Delivery: Test instrument, shoulder bag with belt clip, required SIDSP sensor, user guide on CD, calibration set with calibration standards and zero reference plate(s), 2 AA batteries (type LR06), plastic carrying case.
|Dual Sensors||Automatic recognition of the substrate material with FN sensors.|
|Data Memory||10 batches for a maximum of 10,000 readings (MiniTest 725 and 735)|
100 batches for a maximum of 100,000 readings (MiniTest 745)
Memories can be partitioned as needed.
|Statistical Evaluation||Number of readings, min, max, mean value, standard deviation, coefficient of variation, single value statistics, blocks statistics (norm-conforming / freely configurable).|
|Calibration Modes||Factory calibration, zero-point-, 2-point-, 3-point-calibration, calibration method “rough”.|
|Calibration Procedures according to International Standards||ISO, SSPC, “Swedish”, “Australian” .|
|Monitoring of Limits||Visual and audible signal output.|
|Measuring Units||Switchable from metric (μm, mm, cm) to imperial (mils, inch, thou).|
|Measuring Rate||70 readings per minute in the single mode|
20 readings per second in the continuous mode
|Continuous Mode||For quick identification of thickness variations|
|Operating Temperature||– 10 °C … 60 °C|
|Storage Temperature||– 20 °C … 70 °C|
|Data Interfaces||USB and Bluetooth|
|Power Supply||2 pcs batteries, type AA (Mignon); rechargeable NiMH batteries, type AA/HR6 as an option. Battery or rechargeable battery setting option to adapt to the matching nominal voltage.|
|Norms and Standards||DIN EN ISO 1461, 2064, 2178, 2360, 2808, 3882, 19840,|
ASTM B 244, B 499, D7091, E 376, AS 3894.3, SS 1841 60, SSPC-PA 2
To order, request a quote or for further information please call our Sales Team on 01543 411460 and discuss your application or click to Request a Quotation. We will help you choose the most suitable instrument to meet your needs.