The SCM400 – Salt Contamination Meter is designed to give rapid, reliable, direct digital readouts of the surface contamination down to very low levels. The SCM400 is compact, easy to use and is the perfect spot check for every industrial situation where surface contamination could threaten your business.
Salt contamination on metals and other surfaces has been shown to cause millions of pounds worth of corrosion and coating damage worldwide. Undetected and invisible contamination leads to:
- Premature corrosion-induced failure of plant items (stress corrosion cracking, crevice corrosion etc.)
- Early failure of paints and coatings due to loss of adhesion
- Interference with operating processes
The SCM400 confirms adequate cleaning of surfaces before coating, aiding the prevention of premature coating failures. It shows salt build-up on vulnerable surfaces which can be treated to increase the lifetime of coatings.
Using the SCM400 salt contamination meter is easy. A high purity sample paper is wetted with a pure water sample and placed onto the surface being sampled for a short period of time by the meter. Soluble salts on the surface are absorbed by the paper which is then placed in the SCM400 for an instant analysis. A direct readout of the surface salt contamination levels is given in microgrammes per square centimetre (µg/cm²).
- Suitable for a wide range of shapes, orientations, surfaces and finishes.
- Quick and simple to use – 2 minute sampling time.
- No hazardous chemicals
- Battery operated and portable.
- Direct readout – no calculations to do.
- Water resistane.
- Use on curved, horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Suitable for metallic and non-metallic surfaces.
- Confirms adequate cleaning of surfaces before coating, aiding the prevention of premature coating failure.
- Shows salt build-up on vulnerable surfaces, which can be cleaned to increase the lifetime of a coating.
- Test papers can be re-moistened and a similar test result can be achieved; ideal for proof and ISO requirements.
|Range:||0.1 – 20µg/cm²|
|Operating Range:||5°C – 40°C <80% rh=”” td=””>|
|Power Supply:||9V Battery 6LR61 (MN1604)|
|Number of Tests:||Approximately 500 measurements before recharge|
|Sample Time:||2 minutes|
|Sampling Size:||110mm circle, or part of|
|Dimensions:||200 x 190 x 60 mm|
Certificate of Calibration: issued for Fixed Calibration equipment and shows readings and traceability.
Salt Contamination Meter, disposable gloves, tissues, 100 x high purity test papers, 3 x 2ml syringes, 250ml pure water, plastic tweezers, 8 x replacement plate support pads, plastic sample bottle, 20 x PVC storage bags, carry case and operating instructions.
The SCM400 is supplied as a complete kit with everything you need to take your first readings.
|35-SCM400C||Salt Contamination Meter (with calibration certificate)|
|35-SCM400||Salt Contamination Meter (without calibration certificate)|
|35-DEMW||Pure Water – 250ml (8.5fl oz) Bottle|
|35-SP100||100 High Purity Sample Papers – box of 100|
|35-GLOV100||Disposable gloves – box of 100|
|35-BAGS100||Poly bags – pack of 100|
|35-WIPES||Medical Wipes – pack|
|35-SYRN||Syringe – 2ml|
|35-PADS||Pressure Plate Pads|
|35-COPYCERT||Copy of Calibration Certificate|