Surface cleanliness testing instrument for measuring oil, grease and cleaning fluid contamination on metal surfaces.
Monitoring cleanliness on manufactured metal parts during and after the cleaning process is imperative to ensure surfaces are free of contaminants before the next manufacturing process e.g. assembly, sealing, gluing, painting, printing, lacquering etc. This metal cleanliness tester also known as the “CleanoSpector” is a simple, handheld non-destructive cleanliness inspection instrument for measuring organic oil, grease or cleaning fluid contamination on a metal substrate and can be used on the production line or in the laboratory.
The CleanoSpector instrument is an easy-to-use fluorescence measuring device and has been specially designed for this purpose. The test results are measured in the degree of the cleanliness of metal parts in percentage format. It enables the parts to be evaluated directly at the process and the level of cleanliness is measured by the touch of a button with the result shown within seconds.
Advantages of Using the Fluorescence Method for Measuring Metal Cleanliness:
- Enables detection of various organics like residual oil, grease, cooling lubricants, separating agents etc.
- Non-destructive test method
- Fluorescence intensity increases with amount of contamination (layer thickness)
- Direct comparison of parts with same contamination.
- Direct and fast measurement on surfaces
- Small measurement point provides high lateral resolution
The measuring principle is simple – the instrument detects contamination due to its’ fluorescence which is excited by a UV light emitting diode (UV LED). The fluorescence intensity depends on the amount of contamination found on the surface at the measuring point, i.e. the higher the fluorescence the more contamination found on the surface.
|Application Examples for Metal Cleanliness Inspection:|
If you would like to discuss this product please contact one of our Sales Team and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Mobile and robust measuring instrument for flexible use at the process and in the laboratory
- Intuitive operation: simple & fast measurement
- Automatic calibration on reference surface
- Contact-free cleanliness inspection of part surfaces at push of button
- Quality assurance of industrial cleaning processes
- Layer thickness measurement e.g. of corrosion protection
- Highest product quality by monitoring limit values
- Documentation of slightest contamination on various shaped surfaces
- Efficiency by process optimisation.
Packing List: CleanoSpector measuring instrument, suitcase, stand, mains adapter, 2 spacers, USB-cable, calibration standard N0 (no fluorescence), operating instruction, calibration certificate
|Measuring Range:||0 – 100%||Mains Adapter/USB||100… 240V|
|Resolution:||0.1%||Li-Ion battery||3.6V / 1,950mAh min 8h operating time|
|Power Consumption:||2.5W max.|
|Measuring Range:||0 – 2,000 RFU (Relative Fluorescence Unit)||Interface, Memory, Dimension & Weight|
|Max. Deviation:||0.5% of measuring range||USB-interface:||data transfer|
|Excitation*:||365nm, max. 150mW||Measuring Profiles:||254|
|Detection*:||460nm||Memory:||8,000 measuring values/profile|
|Measuring Point*:||D=1mm||Dimensions (L x W x H)|
|Measuring Distance*:||4.7mm||Hand-held Device:||129 x 82 x 48mm|
|* standard values||Sensor Head:||95 x 50 x 30mm|
|15-2301||SITA-ProcessLog Software for Windows XP/VISTA/7/8 (CD-ROM) licence per device|
|15-3301||Calibration standard N1 for verification of CleanoSpector|